Student Care Services (SCS) offers guidance, resources, and referrals to UCF students who are experiencing a distressing situation which significantly impacts academic or personal success. SCS is made up of Staffs who work directly with students by offering support and referrals to appropriate community resources. In order to assist and refer persons in need, the Staff is knowledgeable of both campus and community resources. Additionally, the Staff position involves familiarity with Baker Act and FERPA regulations. The ultimate role of the Staff is to support the safety and wellbeing of the UCF Community and integrate education with risk management.
Student Care Services is also home to UCF Cares. UCF Cares is an umbrella of care-related programs and resources dedicated to fostering a caring community of Knights. Please review the information posted here, but do not hesitate to contact Student Care Services with any questions or concerns, whether you are a student, parent, UCF staff or faculty member, or community member.
Student Care Services supports students experiencing academic or personal concerns by providing a comprehensive network of resources.
To be a leader in higher education by empowering all students in need to achieve overall personal success and wellbeing.
- Supports campus partners making referrals through the Student of Concern process
- Provide care related resources and education to students, faculty, and staff assisting students of concern and the UCF Cares initiative.
- Make referrals to and coordinate the University Crisis Team
- Coordinating additional support services including the Homeless Student Team, Student Death Response Team,
and the Student of Concern Team
- Support and empower students to take action and advocate on their own behalf